Our client is seeking a Network Administrator on a permanent basis in their offices, based in Dublin. The network administrator will report to the Technical Design Authority on a functional basis and support a number of Service Managers and Projects Managers in line with the demands of the business.
The network administrator will be expected to remotely deliver services to customer locations where we are providing service. This may require out of hours support when required. The role may also require flexibility to undertake International travel from time to time as part of the delivery of service.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Maintain ownership of the network design, and all supporting design documents;
- Provide Level 2 Troubleshooting on LAN/WAN and voice issues reported from business users and the Apex service desk;
- Collaborates with service providers and external vendors on root cause analysis for problems related to technology and provide detailed diagnostic information when required.
- Communicate clearly to users the cause and resolution of IT issues in a timely and polite manner. (All users will be in remote locations);
- Highlight and report all major IT issues and risks to IT Manager in a timely manner.
- Research, test and implement new systems to improve efficiencies and satisfy user requests.
- Assist with testing system releases, patches and disaster recovery;
- Provide technical input into vendors proposal, change requests, and incident management
- Execute standard administration tasks such as reviewing system logs, monitor jobs and responding to system alerts;
- Oversight of 3rd party vendor covering service delivery and performing installation works
- Assist with network analysis and support of critical network systems;
- Perform on-call duties as needed to support technology services to business.
Learn more and apply for the role here.