Network Administrator – €60-70K Permanent/€450 per day Contract
International construction & engineering company with substantial operations in Ireland, the UK Europe and The Middle East is now looking for a Senior Network Administrator to help manage their IT Infrastructure and play a central role in upcoming development and expansion projects.
The Senior Network Administrator will support several Service Managers and Project Managers in line with the demands of the business. They will also be expected to remotely deliver services to various customer sites in Ireland and overseas. This may require out of hours support and occasional International travel from time to time, so flexibility is a key requirement for any candidates with an interest in this role.
While this role comes with a considerable degree of responsibility, it comes with a generous benefits package and a salary beyond the rate offered may be considered for candidates whose skillset/experience is a very strong match for the role requirements.
For the first 6 months, this role is offerd on a contract basis (To backfill an existing vacancy) and will become permanet in 6 months time, with a salary of €65-70K & Benefits package
Responsibilities of Role
* Maintain ownership of the network design and support all design documents;
* Provide Level 2 Troubleshooting on LAN/WAN and voice issues reported from business users
* Collaborate with service providers and external vendors on root cause analysis for problems related to technology and provide detailed diagnostic information when required.
* Communicate clearly to users the cause and resolution of IT issues in a timely and polite manner. (All users will be in remote locations);
* Highlight and report all major IT issues and risks to IT Manager in a timely manner.
* Research, test and implement new systems to improve efficiencies and satisfy user requests.
* Assist with testing system releases, patches and disaster recovery;
* Provide technical input into vendors proposal, change requests, and incident management
* Execute standard administration tasks such as reviewing system logs, monitor jobs and responding to system alerts;
* Oversight of 3rd party vendor covering service delivery and performing installation works
* Assist with network analysis and support of critical network systems;
* Perform on-call duties as needed to support technology services to business.
Essential Candidate Requirements
* Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related discipline;
* Cisco CCNA or CCNP or equivalent experience;
* 3+ years experience as network administrator ;
* Proven skills in networking to include: DNS, LAN/WAN, firewalls, wireless, TCP/IP, UDP, VoiP, QoS, MPLS, 802.x;
* Excellent problem-solving abilities and ability to work on own initiative;
* Good decision making skills/judgment;
* Ability to take ownership of a technical solution and work with a number of stakeholders (internal and external) to deliver a design and implementation approach;
* Ability to articulate design topics, using tool such as Visio, Powerpoint, and any modelling tools utilising Archimate;
* Familiarity with networking, and monitoring, tools such as Wireshark, tcpdump, Packet-Tracer, SolarWinds;
* Ability to be able to work well under pressure during disaster situations;
* Certification in frameworks ITIL v3, ISO 27001
* Experience in cloud networking would be an advantage (Aws, Azure etc);
* Certification in Security Frameworks would be an advantage (such as ISO 27001);
* Working experience with HP switches would be an advantage;
* Working experience with ASA, as well as, with Fortigate firewalls would be an advantage.
* Excellent written and communication skills in English;
PLEASE NOTE – All applicants must have immediate availability to work in the EU as our client cannot provide any kind of Visa or Work Permit sponsorship at present.
For more information on this role, please contact Níall on +353 1 8690258 or +353 87 384 5327 or send current CV along with brief cover letter through this site
|Salary||€65000 - €70000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare|