The successful candidate will work in the Information Services function. They will be expected to be able to work on multiple projects and deliverables.
Reporting to the Project Manager(s) and BAU Deliver Lead, the successful candidate will be required to:
- Work closely with other colleagues within IS, the QA team, Project Managers, Systems Analysts and Developers to ensure that requirements, as identified by the Client, are testable and verifiable to ensure requirements traceability and delivery of expected functionality.
- Develop a detailed understanding of the intimate workings of the products currently serviced by organisation. They also need to understand the implications / interactions of the various facets of the business to ensure that a change to a specific piece of functionality has the desired effect on what may at first appear to be an unrelated function.
- Developing and implementation of test plans and test scripts for verifying and validating Mainframe and Web applications.
- Developing and executing both manual and automated test cases for the system/application under test.
- Software testing to include but not limited to functional scenarios, regression testing and performance testing.
- Identifying, analysing and documenting defects and questionable functions in application functionality.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Significant experience working in a QA/Testing role, preferable in the insurance industry.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and technical writing skills.
- An ability to communicate effectively cross departmental with all levels of personnel, and on occasion with external clients.
- Ability to interrogate business processes, analyse specifications and process models to create detailed and complex test conditions and scenarios.
- Experience with SQL Server
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience working with recognised application/service delivery processes and methodology
- Experience in the Financial Services sector (in particular Life and Pensions Insurance)
- Experience of working with Test Case management and Defect management tools (e.g. TestRail, JIRA)
- A knowledge of the German Language
||€60000 - €65000 per annum