Our client a large Financial Services company are looking for a Quality Assurance Analyst, they have embarked on a large business and systems transformation project and have a requirement for a Quality Assurance Analyst to help on various projects within the transformation project work. This transformation programme is currently underway and will continue for some time
Reporting to the Project Manager(s) and BAU Deliver Lead, the successful candidate will be required to:
- Work closely with other colleagues within IS, the QA team, Project Managers, Systems Analysts and Developers to ensure that requirements, as identified by the Client, are testable and verifiable to ensure requirements traceability and delivery of expected functionality.
- Develop a detailed understanding of the intimate workings of the products currently serviced by our client. They also need to understand the implications / interactions of the various facets of the business to ensure that a change to a specific piece of functionality has the desired effect on what may at first appear to be an unrelated function.
- Developing and implementation of test plans and test scripts for verifying and validating Mainframe and Web applications.
- Developing and executing both manual and automated test cases for the system/application under test.
- Software testing to include but not limited to functional scenarios, regression testing and performance testing.
- Identifying, analysing and documenting defects and questionable functions in application functionality.
- Timely and accurate reporting of test results
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Significant experience working in a QA/Testing role, preferable in the FS sector
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and technical writing skills.
- An ability to communicate effectively cross departmental with all levels of personnel, and on occasion with external clients.
- Ability to interrogate business processes, analyse specifications and process models to create detailed and complex test conditions and scenarios.
- Experience with SQL Server
- Certification in ISTQB Foundation Course in Software Testing is desirable but not essential.
- Excellent team player
||€350 - €400 per annum