Senior Network Engineer – Dundalk – €65-75K
Dynamic online business based in the Northeast of Ireland has an urgent requirement for a Senior Network Engineer
Senior Network Engineer who will be responsible for, organising, modifying, installing, and supporting the company’s Network and Security Systems. Design and install LANs, WANs, Internet and intranet systems, and Network segments.
This role has several unique positives – It is located 1 hour to the Northeast of Dublin (Equidistant between Dublin and Belfast), offering a similar quality of life to that available in the capital but at considerably lower prices. The role is permanent, has a generous benefits scheme and offers ambitious Network Engineers the chance to joining a growing team of IT professionals working with new and emerging technologies.
Responsibilities of Role:
* Network design and collaboration with infrastructure and development teams in designing and building networks from the ground up
* Configure and Install Network Hardware and Software
* Monitor, Evaluate and modify Network Performance
* Analyse, isolate and report on issues
* Determine network and system requirements for internal projects
* Maintain integrity of the network and security oversight
* Ensure network connectivity throughout the company’s LAN/WAN infrastructure is on par with technical considerations
* Assign routing protocols and routing table configurations along with network address assignment and management
* Maintain network services / systems such as VPN gateways, IDS/IPS systems
* Administration of Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Proxys, patching and software deployment
Essential Candidate Requirements:
* Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information technology or related discipline
* Cisco Certified Network Professional Certification (IOS and Nexus)
* Minimum 3-5 years’ Experience operating at a senior level in medium to large scale networks
* Strong Knowledge and experience of routing protocols (EIGRP, OSPF, BGP(MPLS))
* Experience with Tunneling protocols (IPSEC, GRE, and L2VPN/L3VPN)
* Strong knowledge and experience of Firewalls (Palo Alto, Checkpoint, Cisco)
* Strong knowledge and experience of load balancing technologies (preferably F5)
* Strong knowledge of the following: TCP/IP, VLAN, HSRP, LACP, SNMP, DHCP, Wireshark, TCPdump, scripting tools, Netflow, PRTG, SolarWinds or other relevant monitoring systems
* Experience operation in a 24/7 multi-site multi-vendor environment with a focus on customer experience and uptime.
* Excellent analysis, problem solving and Judgment or decision-making
* Proficient in Windows Servers, LINUX, Squid & NGINX
IMPORTANT – VISA or Work permit sponsorship is not possible for this role due to the length of processing time required. All applicants must have immediate availability to work in the EU as our client cannot wait for the length of time it would take for Visa/Work Permit to come through.
For more information on this role, please contact Níall on +353 1 8690258 or +353 87 384 5327 or send current CV along with brief cover letter through this site.
|Job Duration||6-12 Months|
|Salary||€65000 - €75000 per annum|