Seeking a Wintel Administrator resource to work with our client’s ICT Operations team for implementing, maintaining, supporting, developing and in some cases, designing Microsoft based environments. A successful resource must Have experience in virtualisation technologies, such as VMware or Hyper-V, Active Directory and storage/backup best practices hardware and operating systems. And be able to carry out the activities listed below on a regular basis.
- Carry out backups, restorations, and disaster recovery.
- Research into, and implementation on, new Microsoft tools to improve efficiency, performance, and cost effectiveness.
- Visiting Client sites to complete project or operational tasks.
- Implementing high level complex solutions within project deadlines.
- Deal with unexpected issues as they arise, constantly updating relevant Client’s staff.
- Follow Client’s procedures & methods.
- Liaise with contracted support companies to support the ICT environment where necessary.
- Carry out work to enhance the environment as directed by the Client or contracted third parties.
- Advise on technical issues relating to the ICT environment, its maintenance and enhancement
MANDATORY EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in implementing, maintaining, supporting, developing and in some cases, designing Microsoft based environments.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Networking, virtualisation technologies such as VMWare or Hyper-V or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with Active Directory, storage/backup best practices for hardware and operating systems.
- The equivalent of a degree (NFQ Level 7) in Computer Science, Business Information Systems, Engineering, Information Technology, or 7 years relevant work experience.
- Must be fluent in the English language or have the following: A certificate under the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages at level C2 Mastery or Proficiency, or equivalent.
- Experience of implementing, maintaining, supporting, developing, and designing Microsoft based environments.
- Experience of ensuring the integrity of high availability network infrastructures to provide maximum performance for their users.
- Experience in virtualisation technologies, such as VmWare or Hyper-V, or equivalent. Active Directory and storage/backup best practices hardware and operating systems.
- Experience of communicating clearly and effectively to various stakeholders at different levels, including those from both technical and non-technical backgrounds and those at enduser and senior management levels. The response should include how the Resource met deadlines, explained issues, problems and solutions in a way that was easily and equally understood by all
||€400 - €450 per day